[CT Birds] Wild goose chase

Roy Zartarian royz at royzartarian.com
Sat Dec 29 11:41:51 EST 2012

>From Patti Haynes (visiting Vermont birder) and Roy Zartarian
12/29/2012 - Hartford, Goodwin Park - BROWN CREEPER; Newington, B alf
Quarry - PEREGRINE FALCON

Patti Haynes, a visiting Vermont birder, and I checked the large goose
presence at Goodwin Park in Hartford this morning.  While we could not
locate either the Cackling or the Greater White-fronted Goose, we did find
a single Brant.  Also seen, thanks to Patti's ears, was a Brown Creeper in
the trees at the ponds along Hubbard Road.  We also checked the southwest
corner of Cedar Hill Cemetery and found a Peregrine Falcon perched on the
antenna tower atop the quarry cliff.

Roy Zartarian
Newington