[CT Birds] Old Saybrook Greater White- Fronted Goose

Hank Golet htg1523 at att.net
Sat Dec 29 16:41:53 EST 2012

>From Hank Golet
12-29-12 OSaybrook, Ingham Hill, Maynard Pond, 1 GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE. In with a group of 150+ Canada

A week or more ago I saw probably the same bird in the water and I wasn't sure it wasn't a Graglag. Today it was standing on the ice and I could see the black barring  on the belly.  Also in the open water were Ruddy Ducks, Ring-necked Ducks, Gadwall, Am Coot.

Earlier in Old Lyme off Brighton Rd a nice group of 15 Com Goldeneye