[CT Birds] Yesterday's notable sightings

Bill Asteriades bill.asteriades at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 07:58:42 EST 2013

Rick Macsuga and I made a late decision to do a Big Day yesterday (8:00am -
4:00pm - lazy man's!).  We netted 77 species with the most notable
sightings (not reported yesterday), as follows:

1/1/13 - Bridgeport, St. Mary's by the Sea - 1 EURASIAN WIGEON in the creek
(someone in the field we did not know  mentioned this sighting it to us), 1
RAZORBILL and 4 NORTHERN GANNETS. Winchester, Laurel Way - 1 YELLOW-BELLIED
SAPSUCKER while watching the Hoary Redpoll. Stratford, Short Park Golf
Course - 1 SNOW GOOSE continues and 2 LAPLAND LONGSPURS (1 continues).
Stratford - Long Beach Boulevard behind building #550 - 2 GREAT EGRETS
flying over the marsh with the 1 white ibis and 9 AMERICAN PIPITS.

Bill Asteriades
South Glastonbury, CT