[CT Birds] Hi John - Hoary Redpolls

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 2 22:15:33 EST 2013

Hi John

Good info on Hoarys John -

Several years ago, when Redpolls invaded the State all winter, i had a flock of
30 - 40 or so that stayed every day the entire winter here in my Harwinton yard.
I also had several Hoarys visit often, and got some pictures of them, but not
real great. I also had a larger one that i believe fit the Greater subspecies as
well. Got pix of that one as well......hoping we get these all again this
winter. I believe because of the natural food crop being so poor this winter, we
will continue to see most of the Redpolls here in CT at our feeders.

Paul Carrier - Harwinton