[CT Birds] Winchester redpolls

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 14:18:31 EST 2013

All, since negative reports are often useful, I'll pass along that I
spent about 40 minutes at Dave Rosgen's feeders in Winchester late
this morning and had about 50 Common Redpolls. No candidates for Hoary
(nor "Greater" Common Redpoll) today, but beware that one or two adult
male Commons were a bit on the paler side. I've seen reports of
upwards of 125 redpolls at the feeders, so I saw just a fraction of
the birds that are/were in the area.

Two birders spent a brief time there yesterday and did not have the
Hoary then either.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT