[CT Birds] HAS Monthly Meeting - Jay Kaplan on Dragonflies

Sara Zagorski penguinsz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 3 17:49:30 EST 2013

TUESDAY, JANUARY 8,
      2013

      7:00 PM - Refreshments

      7:30 PM - Regular Meeting

      St. James's  Episcopal Church,

      1018 Farmington Ave, West Hartford

      Speaker: Jay Kaplan

      Chasing Dragonflies

      Jay Kaplan, former HAS
      president and the Director of Canton's Roaring Brook Nature Center, will
      present Chasing Dragonflies: A  look at our fastest flying insects.
      Dragonflies are important environmental indicators and they  have
      fascinating names like "Dragonhunter" and "Black-shouldered Spinylegs."
      Jay teaches what may be the only dragonfly class for students in
      Connecticut.  Find out what species can be found in our area and about
      some of the new flight records made by his students.  It's just like
      birding, but we catch them!
Sara ZagorskiWethersfield