[CT Birds] Dark Raptor

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Thu Jan 3 21:15:13 EST 2013

Frank,

I had a very dark (almost black) Buteo a few days ago in the trees at
Grass Island in Guilford. From a distance in binoculars it looked like
a dark Rough-legged to me. It finally took off and flew over East
River marsh. It was the darkest Redtail I had ever seen! I have to
admit, although it was a beautiful dark Redtail, I was hoping for a
Rough-Legged!

Keith Mueller

Quoting peeplo at aol.com: