[CT Birds] Buteo ID solution

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 4 20:17:23 EST 2013

My apologies for such a terse, simplistic reply about this RT.  I was a tad busy.  There are many excellent, similar, photos on Google images, as well as in Jerry Liguori's, masterpiece, "Hawks from Every Angle".  Greg and Julian of course, nailed it.  I instantly wanted to jump on that starkness that Greg mentioned, ie, "it's a Western RT!", but Eastern birds can show this bold pattern as well.

Steve Mayo
Bethany