[CT Birds] Simsbury Grosbeaks - NO - but...

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 4 22:25:01 EST 2013

FWIW, I missed the grosbeaks early this morning.  Sara saw them fly in around 9:30 or so.  Going there early in the morning was not a good strategy this morning and from the context of Louise's note, late in the afternoon appears not great either, at least for seeing the grosbeaks.  I returned around 11:15 or so and they were there, allowing for great views and nice photos, though not as nice as the ridiculously good ones posted by Joe Gaynor.

There is still a fair supply of fruit on the trees but it might not remain long.  Squirrels were chowing down on the berries both times I was there and they can go through that stuff as quickly as a flock of frugivores can.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT