[CT Birds] NOT Pine grosbeaks

Sarah Faulkner sffaulkner at comcast.net
Fri Jan 4 22:52:31 EST 2013

Just for a chuckle, I was getting my coffee at McDonald's in Canton just before 7 am, with the sky just starting to lighten, and noticed some puffy birdies eating berries in the trees next to the drive-thru window.  Thinking they might be the pine grosbeaks that have been in the area -- including at my feeder two weeks ago -- I risked the wrath of the cars behind me and the man at the window, grabbed my binoculars and peered into the semi-darkness.  Turned out to be bluebirds, but still a very nice start to the day!

Sarah Faulkner

PS -- bald eagle seen yesterday (Thurs eve) along Farmington meadows; 2 bald eagles seen along Farmington River in Collinsville, opposite sewage treatment plant (they're there often)

If you want to build a ship, don't herd people together to collect wood and don't assign them
tasks and work but rather, teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea."
                           -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery