[CT Birds] Pine grosbeaks, Simsbury

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Sat Jan 5 12:43:08 EST 2013

Thanks, Sara, for posting that for me.

When I arrived just after 10 AM there were two birders watching and photographing the six female Pine Grosbeaks.  By 10:25 the birders, and then the grosbeaks, had left.  The grosbeaks flew down into the tangled brush behind the crabapple trees; I could not see them in there, but for all I know they came out the other side.

(There ware a lot of kids sledding on a nearby hill and having a blast!)

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT