[CT Birds] Yard List Turkeys - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 6 11:06:54 EST 2013

I noted Paul Carrier's earlier post concerning keeping a yard list for 2013. I noted my first "yard list" 2013 wild turkey's here on Saturday ( 5 Jan 2013), a young female group of at least 40 wild turkeys. Today (Sunday, 6 Jan 2013) first four male turkeys and now a mixed young female/male group of 40 wild turkeys. The bird seed I put down on the ground is gone. Paul, how does one define yard for a "Yard List" for 2013? The property here is at least 40 acres so the "yard" here is rather large.

David W Babington
Washington, CT