[CT Birds] Sterling Yellow-headed Blackbird

dbobolink at aol.com dbobolink at aol.com
Sun Jan 6 20:13:36 EST 2013

>From Robert Dixon
1/6 - Sterling yard - This morning before a large family gathering at our house the imm. male YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRD made a few visits to the feeders. This is the same bird previously seen on 12/22 & 12/28.This was the first sighting of 2013 and that makes four years in a row that we have had a Yellow-headed Blackbird at the feeders. Also had FOX SPARROW (3), PINE SISKIN (57), EASTERN TOWHEE (2), Brown-headed Cowbird (300) and Red-winged Blackbird (25). Also on Main St. in Sterling  - COMMON RAVEN (vocal flyover).

Robert Dixon
179 Main St.
Sterling, Ct. 06377
860-564-4638 h