[CT Birds] Trumpeter Swans - Konolds Pond

John Oshlick john.oshlic at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 13:17:52 EST 2013

Konolds Pond - 2 Trumpeter Swans Continue.

So are the swans "Countable'? The answer is that they are not "Countable" in CT because Trumpeter Swan has not been accepted to the current CT state bird list. The reason is that it is thought that these birds originate from reintroduced eastern populations. On the other hand I think that many of the states that do have these reintroduced breeding populations do consider these birds to be estabilished and "Countable".  Because of this Trumpeter swan could be accepted in CT at some time in the future. Part of the problem about accepting Trumpeter swan in CT is that as far as I know no surrounding state (Mainly NY) has accepted Trumpeter swan.

Also keep in mind that you can accept whatever you want to your list because it is your list.

East Shore Park - 2 Northern rough-winged swallows, 1 yellow-rumped warbler

John Oshlick
Bethany