[CT Birds] Monk Parakeets Invasive

Mark Szantyr birddog55 at charter.net
Wed Jan 9 23:14:13 EST 2013

I am without question 100% in agreement with Jamie.  Leave the parakeets alone!!!!!!  These incredibly beautiful and exotic members of the Connecticut avifauna thrill me to this day every time  I see or hear them. We are very lucky to have them and we would be so much the poorer without them. I feel a deep pang of sadness every time i go in to Hammonasset and realize the state took down/ destroyed the monk parakeet nests and removed the colony from the west campground. This is reprehensible and as a tax paying citizen who buys a parks pass every yesr. I am appalled at the cavalier arogance of this act.

Mark