[CT Birds] Monk Parakeets

julian hough jrhough1 at snet.net
Thu Jan 10 08:44:09 EST 2013

I have three big nests outside my house in New Haven. All I know, is that I
spend a gazillion hours cleaning my car, which, if parked in the wrong place,
can often be referred to as the "guano mobile". Then there was the time one poor
guy from the colony fried himself on the transformer outside the house, set the
pole on fire and shut down the power to the whole neighborhood for hours. I also
like spending time cleaning up thousands of little sticks after a storm blows
one of the nests out of their tree into my yard. Love that!

As Kermit the Frog used to say "It's not easy being green".

But exterminate 'em..I don't think so.

 Julian Hough
New Haven, CT 06519
www.naturescapeimages.wordpress.com