[CT Birds] Hairy Woodpecker with yellow patches

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 16:45:10 EST 2013

I had thought of diet - like House Finch as a couple people have mentioned
- but I would think that this would then be a more common (in relative
terms) phenomenon. I can't begin to total the likely dozens of orange or
yellow HOFI I've seen at my feeders over the years. However, I have not
(and this is not to say I have seen or read all, far from it) come across
or heard of Hairy looking like this one. And who knows, diet still could be
the ultimate answer that impacts an extremely small percentage of the
species. Nearly anything feels possible! It's a good idea, keep em coming.

Scott

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT