[CT Birds] More on native vs. exotic

Tom de Boor tomdb2 at aol.com
Fri Jan 11 15:47:22 EST 2013

To support what Delia just said, the great naturalist Aldo Leopold used to
emphasize that when man considers himself not part of or outside of nature,
a lot of our problems with nature occur...

Tom de Boor
Branford, CT

PS It will be interesting to see the discussions about that Caracara.  On
the one hand, I think they're not uncommon in captivity; on the other hand,
as I understand it, they've been exploding north from Texas in the Plains
states in recent years, some reaching the upper Midwest