[CT Birds] What is a yard?

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 7 11:10:32 EST 2013

I have received so many suggestions as to what is a Yard. So here are two
options from all the suggestions that seem the best.

A - for those with small yards, it might be fair to have an acre as a minimum
size. If you have less than an acre, than measure out from your house on all
sides with your house in the middle, one square acre. If you have more than an
acre, than do the same - an acre with your house in the middle. This way, it
will be a fair contest for all, no mater what kind of property you might have.

B - Many have suggested we should count all birds SEEN from our yards. This
however is not fair to those who live in the woods or confined area and can't
see all around their house as one who lives in the open, and can see for miles.
A Yard should not be all open vistas in all directions.

So I would like to suggest version (A) for all as a yard. Please respond to me
personally with your comments.

Paul Carrier - Just added a Sharpie today -  Makes 4 Hawk sp already!