[CT Birds] Yard List - For fun not competion

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 8 09:38:54 EST 2013

I am doing my 2013 "Yard" list for the fun of it and I am not in for some "contest" to beat another persons 2013 "Yard" list. I know some prefer some kind of "contest" and I say more power to them but I am not part of a "contest" for who has the largest 2013 "Yard" list. I still keep a life list but I have never been interested in "list" competitions unless it was for some worthy cause. When I lived in NJ I loved the "office" list I had with two other office mates for Mercer Corporate Park in Robbinsville, NJ. Our collective "office" list was 125 species. The variety of habitat in the area for the "office" helped this "office" list. The big joke we had when we would go off to a nearby NJ state wild life management area for some lunch time birding is that we had to get back to the office for the "good" birds. Our "office" list included a gull-billed tern and a breeding plumage horned grebe.

David W Babington
Washington, CT