[CT Birds] grosbeaks-YES

B Inskeep binskeep at optonline.net
Tue Jan 8 13:36:45 EST 2013

1/8/13 1:15-1:35 pm with Tom Fiore: Pine Grosbeaks present behind rink at 100 Old Farm Rd. in Simsbury as previously described on this list, feeding on berries in a tree. We saw 6 total just as we drove up and then they flew off to a nearby spruce tree and are now back feeding on berries.

Also present at Dave Rosgen's 121 Laurel Rd were at least 150+ Redpolls with 1 definite Hoary. We were there from 9:00-12:00. Excellent views - they were everywhere in the trees and in mass numbers feeding at the feeders and on the ground. I'm sure Dave will post more later. A big thanks for the hospitality offered and allowing us to view from his yard.

Brenda Inskeep