[CT Birds] monk parakeet nest removal

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Thu Jan 10 08:25:31 EST 2013

The original post on this subject was quite informative and I am very pleased when Kevin shares info with the forum. Not all researchers are so generous with their data. However I don't wish to see this thread "hijacked" as they say, and I'm not sure why some additional comments have been made that imply the topic was the destruction of Monk Parakeets or their nests. I rather doubt anyone on this listserv is inclined to avian mass destruction. While it speaks well of individuals (in my opinion) that they feel passionately about protecting the birds we love, and I'm proud this forum has such members, I hope the membership can keep it in mind that from a larger perspective we're all pretty much of one mind here. Understanding the natural world and sharing information is absolutely vital to the preservation of our natural world. Ignorance is a powerful enemy of conservation.

David Provencher
in error, and delete it.  Thank you.