[CT Birds] Re - Fast food Raven

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 10 18:45:54 EST 2013

To ad to Dave's post...

Back in the early 80's, when Ravens were just moving south into CT from known
early nestings at Barkhamsted, I encountered the same experience as you did
Dave. At the Plaza in Winsted, their was a dumpster. At this dumpster were two
new Ravens bullying the local Crows who owned the spoils there. Guess who won?

Well this pair of Ravens I discovered were nesting in the back woods, and
eventually raised 3 young which they fed at the dumpster. It was my first
encounter of Ravens that far south in CT, and from here they have now spread
State wide.

Also - This Dec/Jan, I am seeing well above average sightings of Ravens here in
the NW corner. They have been here for many years now, but never have i seen
them in such numbers. Maybe a population boom comming?

Paul Carrier - Harwinton