[CT Birds] The removal of the Monk Parakeets that nested in the campground at Hammonasset

Mark Szantyr birddog55 at charter.net
Thu Jan 10 20:48:32 EST 2013

As a taxpayer in this state and as a regular purchaser of the  yearly park
permits, I would like to know what agency or authority called for the
removal of the Monk Parakeet nests and colony that existed in the west end
of the Hammonasset Beach State Park campground.  I would also like to know
if the existing nest removal protocol, that is , to not only remove the nest
but the mandatory killing of the parrots was followed in this removal.

I would also like to issue a public protest concerning this activity and its
clandestine implementation.

I look forward to your response and to learn the reasoning for this removal.

Mark S. Szantyr

80 Bicknell Road #9

Ashford, Connecticut 06278

Birddog55 at charter.net