[CT Birds] Hammo dredging

Steve Morytko smorytko at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 10:58:56 EST 2013

I was at Hammonasset Beach SP yesterday and it seems they've started a sand dredging operation from the bay to the beach a few hundred yards west of Meigs Point. You now have to drive over a gravel-covered pipe that runs N/S thru the marsh from the beach to the bay area. I'm not sure they've actually started yet. My source was a park ranger - I asked what the culvert was about. I had been wondering what those pipes (8-12" diameter were doing adjacent to the road in earlier visits.
Steve Morytko
Ashford, CT