[CT Birds] BLACK-HEADED GULL Barn Island

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Sat Jan 12 18:32:15 EST 2013

After a successful morning in Rhode Island with two BLACK-HEADED
GULLS, 1 ICELAND GULL and 11 Bonaparte's Gulls at Scarborough Beach in
Narragansett, Jen and I stopped by Barn Island after lunch on our way
home. Thanks to Sara Zagorski's post regarding the BLACK-HEADED GULL
at Barn Island we spotted it just after we got there. After three
previous unsuccessful attempts, the bird was flying way off along the
woods line along the Pawkatuck River. It then flew to the middle of
the Cove. It eventually ended up very close within fifty feet of the
ramp for spectacular looks for over a half an hour. I will have images
on my blog in a few days. Thanks for the alert Sara.

Keith and Jen Mueller