[CT Birds] Broad Brook

Jim Pfeifer Jim.Pfeifer at erm.com
Tue Jan 15 09:14:50 EST 2013

I had the largest flock of American Tree Sparrows I've ever seen this morning in Somers along the edge of a field at the far west end of Durkee Road.  I counted 80 birds but there were more than that, likely more than 100.  A few song sparrows, 10 juncos, and one swamp sparrow noted, but the flock was basically all Tree Sparrows.

Jim