[CT Birds] Hammo - probable RED KNOT

Greg Hanisek ghanisek at rep-am.com
Tue Jan 15 15:46:59 EST 2013

Historically there have been winter records of Red Knot, but as the species
has declined in numbers overall, the winter records have dropped
dramatically. I've seen a couple in winter in CT, but not for quite a few
years. Of special interest to John's report, a single Red Knot was reported
to eBird at Hammo early this month by an out-of-state birder. One day last
week I was going to walk the moraine trail to see if I could find it, but it
turned out the Meigs Point end of the park was closed. Beat me to it!

Greg Hanisek
Waterbury