[CT Birds] Rocky Hill Meadows raptors

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 06:59:04 EST 2013

1/18/13 - Rocky HIll - The meadows of the CT river - seen at the far edge
of the fields to the right of the road before the first big bend to the
left:  1 Northern Harrier hunting and one gorgeous light phase Rough-legged
Hawk.  this hawk is so spectacularly beautiful, that it is worth a trip to
see.  Must be a female, because it is predominantly white below, and I mean
bright white.  Wow.  What a sight in flight with those dark carpal patches
and white tail base with dark terminal band!!!  I am not a photographer,
but this is one bird worth trying to get on film.  Made my day.

--
Dana Campbell, Interim Rector
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Meriden
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come."

Chinese Proverb