[CT Birds] White Ibis, American Bittern

Angeladimmitt at aol.com Angeladimmitt at aol.com
Sun Jan 20 22:46:52 EST 2013

>From Angela Dimmitt
1/20 - Stratford, Warehouse Pond - Sunset Saga:  WHITE IBIS - yes,  plus
AMERICAN BITTERN.  Determined to see the illusive Ibis today, I sat  down on a
rock by the pond facing the fallen tree to watch the sunset and await  the
Ibis's arrival.
5:00 - sun set;
5:05 - Great egret landed on fallen tree;
5:10 - Egret flew off south;
5:15 - 2 Great Egrets flew over pond south to north;
5:20 - American Bittern flew over west to east - I thought it was an
immature night-heron until it was overhead and I cried aloud OMG it's a  Bittern!
5:25 - Ibis (presumably White) flew across pond and continued (buffeting
the wind) towards the north-west!
Nobody roosted in the "usual place".
Angela Dimmitt