[CT Birds] Indigo Bunting

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Tue Jan 22 07:48:42 EST 2013

1/22/13: Woodbridge: the non-breeding male INDIGO BUNTING returned to our
feeder this morning, staying only from 7:25 to 7:30 am when it was chased
off by a jay.  The bird is clearly in our area and is likely to return in
the days ahead.  The bird has blue splotches on its chest and belly, a brown
head, dark eye, faint wingbars, and a blue rump and bluish sheen to its dark
tail.   We hope to keep it around through the cold days ahead.  Birders
interested in coming by to look for the bird may do so later this week.
Call or email me.

Chris Loscalzo,

Woodbridge