[CT Birds] Sterling yard / Pomfret Pine Warbler

dbobolink at aol.com dbobolink at aol.com
Thu Jan 24 17:32:44 EST 2013

>From Robert Dixon
1/24/13 - Sterling yard - PINE SISKIN (20) continue for the 116th consecutive day, FOX SPARROW (5), EASTERN TOWHEE (2) WILD TURKEY (23) and Blue Jays (31) continue in record numbers at the feeders. Also today had a Northern Saw-Whet Owl hit the window when it flushed from the feeder area with several other birds at daybreak. I assume the result of a Sharpie or Coop but I didn't see it. When I approached the owl it flew off to a nearby spruce and was gone when I checked again later.
1/24/13 - Pomfret, Connectcut Audubon Grassland Bird Conservation Center - PINE WARBLER coming to feeders.

Robert Dixon
179 Main St.
Sterling, Ct. 06377
860-564-4638 h