[CT Birds] Bullock's Oriole - Yes

louise tucker louise40pt at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 20:11:05 EST 2013

1/24/13 - Ellington, CT - I stopped by Deborah Mctigue's apartment around noon,  just to check the feeders . She saw me from the window and invited me to view the feeders from  her living room. I had wonderful close up views of Bullock's Oriole eating mealworms from the feeder by the windows. What a beautiful bird! He showed us all aspects of his body as he fed. He also fed on the ground and at the other feeders. Great views!  Quite a few other wintering birds showed up, including Carolina Wren ( which I have only heard this year) and Red-bellied Woodpecker. Thank you Deborah for your hospitality on this miserably cold day. This was the high point of my day. I saw few other birds today, none of them as beautiful.
Deborah told me that she added a Tree Sparrow  to her yard list (today or yesterday).We didn't see it, but it's nice to know they are around.
Louise P. Tucker
Enfield, CT