[CT Birds] RBNH, 2 (3?) R Bbs

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Fri Jan 25 18:07:46 EST 2013

Our little RBNH is here daily, at seed and suet.

The Rusty Bb's may not be, but they seem associated often with a half dozen Mourning Doves & some House Finch and Goldfinch, &c.  This month we've had prob. at least 4 birds:  one quite brown;  two more or less intermediate;  and one quite black.  Today we had two birds with some brown, and I think also the very black bird.  They are quite skittish, although one seems less easily spooked than the others.  I don't scatter much;  what they are getting is what the finch &c. toss down to them.  They also prowl the leaves around, and likely a neighbor's seed down a few units.

From Arthur Shippee:
01/25/13 - Hamden, North Lake -- 1 Red-breasted Nuthatch, 2 (3?) Rusty Blackbird