[CT Birds] Rough-legged Hawks

pfavreau at cox.net pfavreau at cox.net
Sat Jan 26 17:26:01 EST 2013

>From Patrice Favreau:
1/26/13 - Rocky Hill Meadows: 2 Rough-legged Hawks seen simultaneously on opposite sides of road (area near 1st left bend in road as noted by others). One had paler head & pale eyes of a juvenile(good scope look); other bird appeared adult & I think based on tail probably female, though I understand there is variability & I probably could use another look (got cold). Also had 2 adult Bald Eagle, 2 Adult Red-tailed Hawk, 1 imm or female Northern Harrier.