[CT Birds] Hammo -Short-eared Owl

Timothy L Thompson twodogs77 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 26 20:09:48 EST 2013

1/26/13 Hammonasset State Park, Madison - American Tree sparrow, Song sparrow,
Red-breasted Nuthatches. Chickadees, Junco's, Snow buntings, Cardinals, Horned
lark, Great horned owl, Short-eared owl (male -later confirmed from photo),
Northern flicker, Northern harrier (F), Peregrine,  Sharp-shinned hawk, Horned
grebe, Gannett, Common loon, American black ducks and Hooded and Common
mergansers...But I missed the Crossbills.....I was thawing out and getting
lunch!!!  Thanks Bobbie for your keen eye and also for sharing your scope!

Timothy L. Thompson
Norwich, Ct