[CT Birds] Gulling this morning- Iceland Gull

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Sun Jan 27 13:02:41 EST 2013

Jen and I went Gulling this morning. We started from the West Haven
boat ramp and ended at Circle Beach in Madison where we were joined by
John Marshall- the adult ICELAND GULL continues.

There were much larger numbers and concentrations of Gulls everywhere
we stopped: West Haven boat ramp, Long Wharf, Shell Beach, Lost Lake
outpouring, Trolley Road, Guilford Harbor and Circle Beach. Although
the Gull numbers were very high (and a noticeable increase in
Ring-billed Gulls) we didn't see any Iceland or Glaucous Gulls (except
the one at Circle Beach), or any tagged/banded Gulls!

Other Highlights: Long Wharf- 73 Gadwall, 1 hen Green-winged Teal, 32 Ruddy.

Lost lake outpouring 37 Hooded Mergansers and 7 Red-breasted
Mergansers north of the causeway.

Keith and Jen Mueller