[CT Birds] Rte 146/Guilford Ct Bird sightings

Nancy pepc0142 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 29 15:56:22 EST 2013

Started at-  Water St/ Rte 146 & headed west to Shell Rd: Mallards, Black Ducks, Hooded Mergansers(many of each-20+)
                    Blue Heron has been lurking around pond on rte 146 where water flows north under road and then under railroad tracks. has been sighted 3 times in past 2 wks.(where the cormorants usually are)
                  Shell Rd-just past Shell Beach where turn around is and parked close to little bridge: Mallards & Ring billed Gulls(many) & up on telephone wire-Kingfisher. 3rd time this week I’ve sat there & Kingfisher has been    landing on that same wire overlooking the water passing under the little bridge.
At home bird feeder & yard: Sparrows,Cardinals,Chickadees,Downy & Red Bellied Woodpeckers, Red Tailed Hawks, Turkey Vultures
This is my 1st posting –I’m new to birding outside of my backyard and your daily listings have been motivating.