[CT Birds] Yellow Rumped Warbler.

John Pfitzner jkat61 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 2 14:18:05 EST 2013

Clinton Yard: Yellow Rumped Warbler has been visiting suet feeder and foraging beneath the same feederfor at least two months..I recall last winter seeing a yellow rumped in the yard on occasionbut this one, if not the same is a daily visitor. kinda cool to see the yellow rumped foraging in the snowalong with the winter birds, white throated and am tree sparrows and junco's. Also and unfortunatly today I found a deceased hermit thrush a few feet from the house.I suspect that it was feeding on the cracked corn and a hawk flew in and spooked all the Birds and the thrush must have hit the house or kitchen window.... Am Tree Sparrows ( At Least 14 ) Brown Creeper White Breasted Nuthatch  ( 2 )Red Breasted NuthatchFox SparrowCarolina Wren ( 2 )Hairy WP ( 2 )Downy WP ( 4+ )Red Bellied WP Also many white throated sparrows and juncos,titmouse,ckickadee,cardinals and blue jays.A few red winged blackbirds, cowbirds and starlings. as well as 16 turkeys that are regularvisitors.