[CT Birds] Assorted Reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Mon Jan 28 00:04:04 EST 2013

Passing these along.

 From Val and Chris Melnikov. 01/27/13. 13:15. Sharpshinned Hawk, Black Rock Harbor. seen from end of hackley st. hanging out on tree. 60-70 raft of Scaup, off St Mary's(Black Rock). Pie Billed Grebe floating about at Fairfield Boat launch. Two King Fishers zipping about Fairfield Boat launch. Playing follow the leader. I think one did a Cuban Roll.

 From Tina Glidden
Location: Behind Debbie's apartment in Ellington
Species: Bullock's Oriole
Around 4 p.m., we got a nice look at the oriole eating at the blue feeder after he came out from the bush just to the right. First ever for us, thanks to everyone for the posts, particularly Deb!

 From Renee Baade with Neil Currie
27 Jan-- Ellington Yard still seeing the Bullock's Oriole, 3:45 PM today.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT