[CT Birds] Tagged gull

Larson Eric eric_r_larson at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 21:24:27 EST 2013

Thanks to many who sent links for reporting the tagged gull that was wandering around Mystic this morning. I got touch with Min Huang from the CT DEEP  and he recommended the USGS Banded Bird site http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bbl/ which is a central clearing house for North American banded birds and a good way to funnel information to all investigators, and they offer to return info on the origin of the banded bird in return for the data.  Several others recognized the tags as possibly originating from a study of gulls and their habits around Massachusetts reservoirs, and suggested I contact Ken MacKenzie at the Mass. Water Supply Gull Program: http://www.mass.gov/dcr/watersupply/watershed/study/index.htm.

Done and done.  I hope Ring-billed gull #A940 has a good New Year.   And if she/he is from MA, I suspect he/she's not rooting the Ravens next weekend.