[CT Birds] Big January 2013 Results

Mark Szantyr birdinggeek at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 18:08:41 EST 2013

Wow, congratulations everybody. I am curious about one of the birds reported and counted. The image of the saltmarsh sparrow looks a little odd to me. The bill aeems more consistent with nelson's sparrow, there seems to be little or no black streaking in the ochre behind the eye, but the flank streaking is wrong for subvirgatus. So i guess i am wonering if Bill has more images of this bird?  January just seems so off for Saltmarsh Sparrow that i am wondering if Nelson's or some combination thereof has been critically eliminated.

I am such a troublemaker.....

Mark