[CT Birds] Big January 2013 Results

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Wed Feb 6 09:04:32 EST 2013

At a glance I would strongly favor Nelson's over Saltmarsh as well. I'm not concerned about the timing since the changing weather patterns are throwing most conventional thinking on occurrence into flux. This bird looks wrong to me for Saltmarsh. Additional pics would be helpful but based on the posted image, I would approach them as needing to convince me it's a Saltmarsh and not a Nelson's.

Dave

David Provencher
Cc: Birds CT
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Big January 2013 Results

Perhaps one of the inland races: nelsoni or alterus?  Which I find a tougher call than our usual, washed out subvirgatus.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 5, 2013, at 8:55 PM, "Comins, Patrick" <PCOMINS at audubon.org> wrote:

> Strikes me as a Nelson's.  Overall too bright and breast/flank streaking not extensive enough for a salty.

in error, and delete it.  Thank you.