[CT Birds] Roosting Birds Question

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 08:49:31 EST 2013

We have a row of Boxwoods in front of the porch where I see White-throats
and Song Sparrows go in to roost each night.  It was open last night but
now is completely covered with a large drift.  Are they still in there do
you think?  I would like to shovel along the edge to open it up, but there
are other pressing shoveling chores.  If they're still in there, would they
stay asleep until the sun comes out and brightens it up enough for it to be
light inside or could they be struggling to get out now?

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut