[CT Birds] Filling bird feeder - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 9 19:42:46 EST 2013

I noted the comment about filling  a feeder (s) in Orange, CT. While we did not get as much snow as Orange here in Washington, CT (perhaps 2 feet or so) it was also a challenge filling our solo feeder here. Could not go out the door I normally go out to get to the feeder so had to go out via our front porch and then through snow that had drifted to 3 feet in places to get to the feeder. One reason I wanted to get the feeder filled is because I am doing Feeder Watch for the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. The our very long driveway to South St was not plowed out by our local plow person until early this evening by the way. Nothing unusual at the feeder to report but lotsof white-throated sparrows and one point more white-throats then juncos.

David W Babington
Washington, CT