[CT Birds] CACC

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 13:45:43 EST 2013

2/6  Milford, Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center,  10-1PM, high tide
receding,  33F-38F.  marsh is mostly open, with a bit of ice coating  and
frozen on shoreline.
14 mallards, Black ducks, 11 Gadwall, 13 American Wigeon, 8 Buffleheads,
1 Red Breasted merganser,Ring billed gulls, herring gulls, 1 Great black
backed gull, 2 Northern harriers (females) glided by windows, 3 Mute swans;
I was going to report 18 Canada geese until I saw the 2 hunters in a blind
and realized the Canadas were decoys  :(
Our feeders are filled now. There were 2 Cardinals, 2 Rock doves, 2
American tree sparrows, blue jays 2 song sparrows and house sparrows at
Bev Propen, Orange