[CT Birds] North Lake, Hamden: 2 RBNH, 2 Rusty Bb, C Wren, Song

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Sat Feb 9 15:43:25 EST 2013

Besides the reportable birds, we had Carolina Wren on the suet (a bunch reported -- I guess driven to feeders today) and a Song Sparrow, rare visiting our back feeders.  Along with usual Cardinal, House Finch, Goldfinch, Chickadees, T. Titmice, M. Doves, White-breasted Nuthatch, Red-bellied Wood Pecker, Downey, White-throated Sparrow, Junco, House Sparrow -- think that's the regular crew.

I was at Brown U. in '78, the only storm close to this.  Hard to say how much snow we had, since the scouring wind last night filled in what was plowed and nearly cleared the roofs.  Such snow sculpturing all around us:  18" snow along a 6" wide railing (N-S railing, of course).  And the dunes.  Remarkable.

From Arthur Shippee & Mary Porterfield:
02/09/13 - Hamden, North Lake -- 2 Red-breasted Nuthatch, 2 Rusty Blackbirds