[CT Birds] Filling bird feeder - Washington, CT

teustis at killingworthlibrary.org teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Sun Feb 10 08:02:14 EST 2013

Way to go, David! Nice to know there's another Feederwatch participant crazy enough to tackle the snowdrifts. I had to go out our front door (the only one that opens inward; we usually don't use it) and walk 50 feet around to the south side of the house with all my birdfeeding equipment dragging alongside on a sled. Probably could've just pushed the sled out, filled with seed, and let the birds figure it out, but that didn't seem proper. At least now I've trampled down some workable paths to the feeders and back, and managed to shovel out a closer door.
Now I'm just worried about the birds at Killingworth Library. I work there and feed the birds every winter. I topped them off Thursday night but haven't been back. Hopefully, they have alternative feeders to visit in the meantime.
:-) Tammy Eustis, Chester