[CT Birds] Storm related birds

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Mon Feb 11 17:27:34 EST 2013

I have enjoyed watching the feeder birds over the last few days.   Will not list all the birds I have been seeing as it will duplicate most of the other reports.  But I must comment on the mini Carolina Wren crisis that I had.  On Saturday or maybe it was Sunday??? I had a C Wren trapped in my garage.  Don't know how it got in but whatever, it took me many tense minutes to force open a garage window that I do not think we have ever opened before.  it was a tense moment because the poor creature was flitting and flailing everywhere and was obviously not a happy camper.  And I think he had been there all nite.  The wren did eventually get out the window and I saw later at my suet!  Happy ending!

The Yellow-bellied Sapsucker is still around and spent over three hours in the same tree drilling his straight line holes.

Carolyn Cimino
Waterford
Sent from my iPad