[CT Birds] Suet

Bob MacDonnell bob at macdonnellphoto.com
Tue Feb 12 18:44:22 EST 2013

If you didn't want to go through all that trouble, I use something
called Bark Butter, which many birds seem to like. It's a peanut, suet
and corn meal mix that's a bit like hard peanut butter. It's
expensive, but can be spread on tree bark or plugged into tree holes
where only certain birds seem to get at it. In my experience it goes a
long way when used that way. I recently had bluebirds (well one female
anyway) feeding on it, which I wrote about in my most recent blog post.
http://bobmacdonnell.zenfolio.com/blog
I was wondering about the benefit feeding dried mealworms, if anyone
has experience with that.

Bob MacDonnell
Niantic